Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spirit of Newburyport Opens Downtown Studio

Dear Newburyport Art Lovers,

I've missed you!

Please drop by and see me this Saturday, April 10th, during the Newburyport Artwalk, as I officially re-open my downtown studio, the Spirit of Newburyport, at 36 Liberty Street. It’s been two years since I have had the opportunity to exhibit my work in my own commercial studio. It’s been a long road back to this point but I’m happy to report that the Spirit of Newburyport lives! More importantly, I’m looking forward to the privilege and opportunity to talk and interact once again, with the people of the Greater Newburyport community of culture. I’d love to get re-acquainted with you and talk more about my work here in Newburyport in and outside of my studio, including my work with Transition Newburyport (www.transitionnewburyport.com) who has its foundation steeped in establishment of the ‘permanence of culture’ (permaculture) paradigm. 
 
            In the spirit of celebration, and to mark the entering of my fifth year in business with the Spirit of Newburyport, I am offering a 50% Off any Print and Frame order thru Saturday. Any print and print and frame order of any design will be half off thru Saturday! Look for this special coupon in Thursday's edition of the Daily News, and check out my web site for all the latest up to date designs in my collection (www.spiritofnewburyport.com)




            Even though I have not been personally exhibiting publicly over the past two years, I have continued to establish my Newburyport landmark and cityscape designs through other retail and gallery outlets including primarily, Sisters We Three on Pleasant Street, Newburyport Art Association (Christmas Show) and Fowels (greeting card line) on State Street. Out of these venues have risen several other projects including the use of my ‘Market Square Summer (2007)’ image as the book cover for Jean Doyle’s second edition of ‘Life in Newburyport 1950-1985’ (Due out in August). Another project to be launched publicly this spring/summer will be an ‘Aloft Marketing Group’ production using four of my Newburyport images for a cable commercial production for the Newburyport Five Cents Savings Bank.

Thank you to all who have contributed to keeping the Newburyport Artwalk alive and well and thanks for bringing me back on board. Look forward to seeing you and sharing more about the Spirit of Newburyport with all of you soonest!!!!

Jon-William Brown
Artist/Propietor
Spirit of Newburyport
978-465-8855
www.spiritofnewburyport.com